Looking for some decent paleo fish recipes? Tell you what, have this really sumptuous paleo diet style fish recipe, so let me give you the low down on how to do it. Paleo is a simple dietary lifestyle that is based on foods being either in or out. In are the Paleolithic Era foods that we ate prior to agriculture and animal husbandry (meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, tree nuts, vegetables, roots, fruit, berries, mushrooms, etc.). Out are Neolithic Era foods that result from agriculture or animal husbandry (grains, dairy, beans/legumes, potatoes, sugar and fake foods).
Okay without further ado, let’s buckle up and learn how to make grilled rainbow trout with salsa – paleo style!
Fish Fillet Ingredients
* 2 large rainbow trout fillets
* 2 tsp of ground black pepper
* A small handful of fresh dill
* 4 cloves of garlic
* ½ cup of lemon juice
* 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
* A small handful of parsley
Salsa Gravy Ingredients
* 1 diced avocado
* 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar
* 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1 bunch of finely chopped parsley
* 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
* 1 diced red capsicum
Cooking the Fish Fillets
1. Sauté garlic with a tsp of olive oil
2. Place fillets in an oven bowl. Next, rub the fillets with parsley, dill, lemon juice, sautéed garlic and black pepper.
3. Cover then place in the fridge for about 40 minutes.
4. Pre-heat oven to about 180 degrees C
5. Place oven bowl containing fish fillets in the oven and bake until flesh flakes easily with a fork.
Preparing the Salsa Gravy
1. Plop all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix up the ingredients well.
The Grand Finale
Pour gravy on top of fish fillets. Next, grab a knife, fork and you’re all set to lap up one of the most delicious paleo fish recipes ever!