Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 small red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1-2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup bourbon
2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon molasses
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and just starting to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add bourbon, increase heat to high and bring to a boil; cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Stir in blueberries, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses and allspice; return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
This is so good and you will be sooo glad you made it....
- 2 to 4 minutes. add garlic and jalapeno and cook
- about 20 minutes.
- about 30 seconds. add bourbon
- about 5 minutes. stir in blueberries
- brown sugar
- chopped 1 2 jalapenos
- chopped 4 cloves garlic
- increase heat to high and bring to a boil cook until most of the liquid has evaporated
- make ahead tip cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months. recipe ingredients 1 tablespoon canola oil 1 small red onion